10 Things Single People Need to Stop Saying!
Ever wondered why you’re single? Yep, we thought so. Know how we know that? It’s because we hear you uttering those same old cliché sayings time and time again. Here at You’ve Pulled we know that the key to being a successful dater is to be happy in the first place. That means ditching any negativity you have towards being single and having the confidence to not only believe that you’re great, but that you deserve to be happy just as much as anyone else.
We’d hate for you to sound cliché so to help you out we’ve put together a list of the top 10 things that single people say! Read on and make sure you put wallowing in single sorrow!
- 1. I’m going to die alone – Stop with that negative attitude right now and start thinking positively. No one wants to date someone who’s always down in the dumps. Plus, you don’t need to die alone… you could always get a cat?
- 2. All the good ones are taken – Are they? That’s news to us. Perhaps you need to sign up to You’ve Pulled and check out the thousands of great singles that are still searching for that someone special.
- 3. What’s wrong with me? – Why so negative? There’s nothing wrong with you at all. That’s why you’ve got such amazing friends and family that love you! You just haven’t met the right person yet.
- 4. I’m just going to stop looking and focus on me – Well we can’t argue with that. Although it’s cliché, there’s nothing wrong with learning to love yourself before someone else can. However, watch out that those barriers don’t go up.
- 5. I’m so over dating! – Come on, how many dates have you been on this year? Probably not enough! Besides, meeting new people never gets boring so embrace it!
- 6. I’m better off alone – There’s nothing wrong with enjoying your own company, but having a ‘I’m better off alone’ attitude is very defeatist and won’t get you very far in the long run.
- When will it be my turn? – Stop feeling sorry for yourself and acting like you’re in some kind of dating queue. You’ll find someone when the time is right!
- 8. Great, another wedding where I’m single! – Great indeed! More time to spend with your friends/family, mingle with new people (maybe even the hot best man or cute maid of honour), and have a good time on the dance floor!
- 9. I’ll be happier when I’m in a relationship – It’s dangerous to think that someone else will make you ‘happy’. So stop thinking like that immediately and concentrate on making yourself happy first!
- 10. I haven’t got time to date anyway! – No one is that busy that they can’t make time for the relationships in their life. Anyway, that’s where online dating comes in. Meet new people and arrange dates on the go, from the comfort of your own home, or at your desk on your lunch break!
If you’re ready to ditch the negativity towards your single status then why not sign up for an account on You’ve Pulled and starting meeting new people now. Alternatively, log in to your account and spread the love by sending a message to someone new today!