It seems as though chat up lines have got themselves a bad reputation over the years. In our upside down world of dating where there is no longer a dating etiquette, chat-up lines have become hugely associated with being ‘hit on’ in a bar or club by undesirable characters (we’ve all been there). The truth is though; meeting new people isn’t easy and approaching new people is even harder. What do you say? Do you introduce yourself? Do you talk about the weather? See, not that easy.
It’s a common misconception that woman hate chat up lines, but the truth is they can sometimes prove to be great ice breakers. In fact it has been found that women are more likely to fall for a man if he breaks the ice with a cheesy chat up line. The theory being that women appreciate a man with a sense of humour, and a chat-up line is a good way to display that. Having a ‘ballsy’ or confident attitude is also very attractive to the opposite sex. You see, chat-up lines are just a way of grabbing someone’s attention and showing them that you like them in a light-hearted way. And there’s no harm in that is there?
So we think it’s time to make a stand and bring back the good old chat-up line. Not the creepy type that is likely to get you slapped, but the fun and cheeky type that is likely to get you talking – if not get you a date. To get the ball rolling we’ve done a little research of our own and found some of the best, the worst, and the down-right cheesiest chat up lines. Who knows, you may even want to put some of them into practice…
- I lost my phone number, can I borrow yours?
- Hi, I’m Mr. Right. Someone said you were looking for me.
- You see my friend over there? He wants to know if you think I’m cute?
- Can I have a picture of you so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?
- Are you a parking ticket, because you have got fine written all over you!
- If I had one chance to rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.
- Did it hurt? When you fell out of heaven.
- Do you believe in love at first sight … or should I walk past again?
- The only thing your eyes haven’t told me is your name.
Ok so even the good ones are a little cheesy, but that shouldn’t stop you! Why not pick your favourite and road test it next time you see somebody you like. You might have some rejections (it happens to everyone), you will most definitely have some laughs, but best of all, you might get yourself a date!
*Warning: These chat up lines are no guarantee that you will pull.