With the England v Croatia semi-final game looming, we thought you might find some facts about Croatia useful!
Impress your partner by saying “I love you” in Croatian – “Volim te”. (Probably not the best idea if you’re on a first date though!).
Put a spark into the conversation by telling them Nikola Tesla was born in Croatia.
Dubrovnik was known as the “Adriatic Pearl” in the early 19th century and was a filming location for “Game of Thrones” King’s Landing and Star Wars – certainly somewhere to visit if you holiday together!
Croatians had their own alphabet from the 12th to the 20th century. The Glagolitic alphabet was preserved only by Croats. Why not write a secret note for them to decode? The pen was also invented in Croatia, originally a mechanical pencil called the “Penkala”.
If you’re thinking of buying your date some flowers, know that the national flower of Croatia is the Iris.
If your date is a fan of musicals, they’ll be impressed to know that the island of Vis is used to portray Greece in the film ‘Mamma Mia 2’.
For a romantic getaway why not take your partner to Dalmatia? Shakespeare’s comedy Twelfth Night was set there.
If you’re one for dressing smartly for your date, you can enlighten your date on the fact that the necktie was invented in Croatia.
Not got a date yet? Then why not get on You’ve Pulled and meet someone today!
Seeing as England are playing Sweden this weekend we thought we’d give you some random Swedish facts!
- One of our most popular stores, Ikea, was founded in Sweden in 1943 by Ingvar Kamprad. Over 1,800,000 meatballs are consumed daily in all of Ikea’s 313 stores worldwide!
- The current three-point seatbelt was invented in Sweden and launched by Volvo in the 1950s. It is claimed to have saved 1 million lives since its invention.
- Many inventions have come out of Sweden. The pacemaker, ultrasound, safety match, astronomical lens, marine propeller, refrigerator, and computer mouse are just a few that were invented in Sweden or by Swedes.
- Every year since 1901, the Nobel Prizes have been awarded in Stockholm, Sweden. It is the legacy of Alfred Nobel, who invented dynamite in 1866.
- Sweden has won a grand total of 625.5 Olympics medals. 475.5 are from the Summer Olympics (one gold medal is shared with Denmark, hence the .5), and 150 were won in the Winter Olympics.
- Football, is the most popular sport in Sweden. Close second is ‘innebandy’, which is a sort of floor hockey that’s played indoors.
- One of Sweden’s most famous exports is of course, ABBA. They are the fourth-best selling music act in history after Elvis Presley, the Beatles, and Michael Jackson.
- Sweden has one of the longest life expectancies in the world. 74 years for men and 80 years for women. It also has one of the lowest birth rates.
Everyone is talking about the World Cup, why not get on our chatlines and find other football fans to ‘score’ with!
If a chatline isn’t your thing, why not try our mobile dating?!
Looking for something a bit different to get chatting to local singles? Try You’ve Pulled text chat!
You’ve Pulled text chat is a fast and easy to use SMS mobile dating and chat service that you can enjoy direct on your mobile. Just text the word PULL to 89398 and we’ll send you a text asking a couple of questions to get you started. At this stage, all messages are free.
Once you’re all signed up, we will start sending you the profiles of people we think you might match with from your area. If you like the look of anyone you can just reply to that text and get chatting.
Our text chat is safe, secure and moderated, all our members are genuine users and it’s private, discreet and anonymous.
Text dating has opened up a whole new world for singles who want to try something different. So what are you waiting for? Start chatting with local singles today with You’ve Pulled!
Want to try phone sex but not sure where to start? Read our tips below and get the most out of your conversation.
Speak with some soft whispers and add in some playful sighs to let them know you’re enjoying it. It helps if you’re already turned on before you talk on the phone as you’re in the right mood before you start.
A good way to lead into it if you’re both feeling awkward is to set up a roleplay scenario.
You’re not obligated to only talk about stuff you’ve done or necessarily will do, during phone sex. It’s a great and safe place to talk about things you wouldn’t or couldn’t do in real life.
The other person will give their own clues as to whether or not you’re hitting the right buttons. You might find yourself following their lead or maybe you’ll be confident to take the reins yourself. If you’re shy, they might only need to know that you’re a willing participant in order to take the lead.
Phone sex is a great platform for testing the waters for your secret fantasies. Finding out what their ‘confessions’ are, can be great fodder for future phone sex fantasies.
If there is anything you’re not comfortable with then tell them. You both need to enjoy it so there’s no point going along with anything that you’re not getting pleasure from.
Try out a spot of phone sex on our chat line with 100% genuine callers today!